Early afternoon game means two posts in one!
- Ryan McDonagh (Rangers) skated by himself before practice and will do so again Sunday.
- Yakupov (Oilers) took a stick to the face last night and is wearing a full shield at practice today.
- Hedman (Lightning) skated today wearing a no-contact jersey.
- Adam Burish (Sharks) on waivers.
- Chris Brown (Capitals) re-assigned.
- Jayson Megna (Penguins) recalled.
- Rumor has it that Dan Hamhuis (Canucks) will be out for months due to a lower body injury. At posting, there has been no official word from the club.
What I’m Watching:
Montreal at Boston, Detroit at Toronto, Minnesota at Tampa Bay, Los Angeles at Dallas, and Chicago at Edmonton should all be interesting, to say the least.
Players to Watch:
- Ryan Johansen (Blue Jackets) has 2 goals and 8 assists in his past 6 games.
- Jakub Voracek (Flyers) is currently the NHL’s leading point man with 27 points in 18 games. In his past 12 games he has 5 goals and 15 assists.
- Alex Killorn (Lightning) as goals in 3 straight games.
- Nino Niederreiter (Wild) has 5 goals in his past 4 games.
- Shea Weber (Predators) has 6 points in his past 4 games.
- Nick Bjugstad (Panthers) has 7 points in his past 3 games.
- Max Pacioretty (Canadiens) has 4 goals, 3 assists in his past 5 games.
- Cody Franson (Leafs) has a 9 game point streak.
- Nick Spaling (Penguins) has a team high 21% shooting rate (this is unsustainable, but enjoy it while it lasts)