What I’m Watching:
All three games should be good, but I think I’m most interested in the results of New York Islanders at Pittsburgh. The Penguins have seemed to have plateaued a little the last few games after their hot start, this might be the game that jump starts them again.
Player(s) to Watch:
- Cory Schneider (Devils) will start his 20th game in a row, breaking the previous franchise record of 19. (Please don’t also be breaking Cory Schneider, Devils.)
- Kyle Okposo has 4 assists in his past 3 games. He leads the Islanders with 13 assists and is tied for point lead with 18.
- Nick Spaling (Penguins) since being moved to the 2nd line with Hornqvist and Malkin has looked very dangerous.
- Newbie Kevin Connauton (Blue Jackets) will make his debut. He had 2 assists in 8 games with Dallas before being claimed off waivers.
- Justin Schultz (Oilers) has a 3 game point streak (1 assist in each).