What I’m Watching:
Nashville at Toronto – with Bernier starting against the Preds, it could be quite the match up. Pittsburgh at Montreal will either be a tight game ending with goose eggs at the end of regulation or a complete blow out in either direction. Tampa Bay at New York Islanders – after last night’s thrashing of the Rangers, did Tampa use up all their allotted goals for the state of New York? (Probably not.)
Player(s) to Watch:
- Filip Forsberg (Predators) continues to dominate all categories for rookies while rocking a 56.3% CorsiFor at Even Strength (for those non-fancy stat people, that’s pretty good). He has 7 goals and 12 points in his past 7 games
- Jori Lehtera (Blues) has a 7-game point streak with 5 goals and 11 points in that span
- Jaden Schwartz (Blues) has a point in 6 straight, with 2 goals and 10 points
- Cody Franson (Leafs) has 2 goals and 9 points in his past 7 games.
- Steven Stamkos (Lightning) has points in 6 straight games (4 goals, 5 assists) and 9 of his past 10 (6 goals, 8 assists)
- Tyler Johnson (Lightning) has 20 points (5 goals, 15 assists) in his past 16 games.
- Ryan Callahan has 9 points (4 goals, 5 assists) in his past 6.
- Brock Nelson scored his 8th goal of the season on Saturday.
- Jaroslav Halak has allowed 5 goals during his 4-game winning streak.
- Joel Ward (Capitals) ranks tied for second in the NHL in shooting percentage this season.
- Olli Maatta (Penguins) will play tonight.