- Stars’ Val Nichushkin (hip/groin) will be off the ice for two or three days and they’ll see where is then. Cody Eakin (upper body) not skating yet.
- Viktor Stalberg (Predators) suffered a knee injury during last night’s game with Milwaukee Admirals – no official report from the Predators, but sources say it doesn’t look good.
- Leafs’ Jake Gardiner is a game-time decision. Phil Kessel will play after not skating this morning. Daniel Winnik will not play tonight.
- Travis Moen (Canadiens) will return to the lineup against Minnesota
- Marko Dano (Blue Jackets) re-assigned. Dana Tyrell recalled.
- Curtis McKenzie (Stars) recalled.
- Josh Leivo (Leafs) recalled on an emergency basis.
What I’m Watching:
Colorado at Philly, Tampa at Columbus, Minnesota at Montreal, Nashville at St. Louis, San Jose at Dallas, and Vancouver at LA all hold interest for me for personal and “professional” reasons. Some are obvious, if you’ve been paying attention. I’m hoping the Canadiens get back to basics tonight and manage to crush the Wild (please, please). Rumor has it Lindback is starting tonight for Dallas – I’m not quite sure he’s the guy to pull them out of their losing skid, but it looks like Kari may be out since they’ve recalled McKenzie.
Player(s) to Watch:
- Backstrom (Capitals) has recorded 45 points in 37 career games vs. the Canes.
- Mark Giordano (Flames) is on a five-game point streak. He has three goals and eight points in that span and has recorded two points in each of his last three games.
- Logan Couture (Sharks) has goals in two straight games and has nine points (six goals, three assists) in his past eight games
- Filip Forsberg (Predators) has a four-game point-streak, as well as a three-game goal-streak and leads all NHL rookies in points, assists (8) and plus/minus (+13). Forsberg also has the team lead in points with 13 and is playing at a point-per-game pace.