What You Might Have Missed:
- With his goal tonight Luke Schenn (Flyers) has 100 career NHL points.
- Jets broke longest shutout streak in franchise history by surpassing 151:55 without allowing a goal against.
- Jiri Tlusty (Canes) left and would not return to tonight’s game.
- Alex Ovechkin became the leading scorer in Washington Capitals history with a first-period assist against the Calgary Flames.
- Patrick Sharp (Blackhawks) left the game with injury.
- Olli Maata’s (Penguins) thyroid tumor surgery went successfully. Results on whether the tumor is benign or malignant will be known in 7-1o days. Maatta is expected to be able to return to the lineup within four weeks.
- John Gibson (Ducks) will be out for six weeks with a groin injury.