What You Might Have Missed:
- Simon Hjalmarsson signed with the Blue Jackets after a great year in Sweden. But after failing to crack the NHL roster he’s now heading to the KHL.
- It was announced today that Olli Maatta (Penguins) will be undergoing surgery for a thyroid tumor next week – he will continue to play until then. He is expected to make a full recovery, though there is an 85% chance that the tumor is cancerous.
- John Scott (Sharks) had a disciplinary hearing and received 2 games for leaving the bench during a line brawl.
- David Jones (Flames) will return to the lineup tomorrow.
- Mason Raymond (upper body, day-to-day) is doubtful. (no I don’t know who did this.)
- Sbisa, Richardson and H. Sedin (Canucks) all had a maintenance day.
- Tyler Kennedy (Sharks) assigned to AHL on a long-term injury conditioning assignment.
- Eric Staal (Hurricanes) participated in a full contact practice today.
- The Portland Pirates (Arizona affililiate) have signed Paul Bissonnette.
- Josh Manson (Ducks) recalled.
- Chris Kreider (Rangers) received a game misconduct.
- John Moore (Rangers) was assessed a match penalty for a hit to the head of Erik Haula (Wild). Moore is a repeat offender and this will be reviewed by DOPS. Haula did not return.
- Ben Lovejoy (Ducks) will miss the next 6-8 weeks with a fractured finger.
Graphs & Things: courtesy of war-on-ice.com