What I’m Watching:
Islanders at Pittsburgh, Nashville at Chicago, and Tampa Bay at Vancouver are the three that have caught my interest.
Player(s) to Watch:
- The unsustainable shooting % of Brock Nelson (Islanders) has to stop sometime.
- Patric Hornqvist (Penguins) has benefited greatly from skating with Sidney Crosby and Hornqvist has been on a tear with 5 points in 3 games.
- Jake Allen (Blues) is expected to start tonight. His last NHL game was April 21, 2013.
- Tonight may be a night for the back-up goalies, as multiple teams are facing the second half of back-to-backs. Will Eddie Lack (Canucks) or Carter Hutton (Predators) see a start in net after both Ryan Miller (Canucks) and Pekka Rinne (Predators) posted shutouts last night or will teams roll with the “hot” goalie?
- Justin Peters (Capitals) appears to be getting the first start tonight.
- Alexander Ovechkin (Capitals) and Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay) lead the NHL in shots on goal at 24 and 23 respectively. Ovechkin is a +1 … if you were following along last year, please remember that “people” (aka MSM) complained about how many goals he scored while being a – on the ice.
- Gustav Nyqvist (Red Wings) is on a roll, 4 goals in 4 games.
- Sharks’ Scott Hannan will draw in for Jason Demers tonight