Last Night’s NHL Scores:
Last Night’s AHL Scores:
- Jeff Veillette of the Leafs Nation wrote a really good piece addressing the jersey toss that happened at the Leafs game last night.
- Patrick Marleau played in his 380th straight vs. WPG, longest iron man streak in Sharks history, passing Joe Thornton’s club record 379.
- Linden Vey (Canucks) scored his first NHL goal.
- We need to talk about Winnipeg’s PK. They’ve been shorthanded 11 times in 2 games played, have a 100% kill rate AND a shorthanded goal. Sample size, I know, but I’ll be keeping an eye on that through the season… plus both of their games have been on the road.
- Ville Leino has signed with Medvescak Zagreb in the KHL.
- Panthers announced attendance yesterday: 11,419. Lowest in franchise history for a home opener (12,087 for Calgary, 1995-96 at Miami Arena).
- Marian Hossa now has 30 career short-handed goals, the most among active players and 20th all time in NHL history
- Hurricanes Eric Staal (upper body) and Patrick Dwyer (lower body) both left the game with injuries.