It’s so nice to have hockey back. I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s marvelous to log on to my Twitter account and have hockey things that aren’t speculation and drama and fighting happening.
Things You Might Have Missed:
- Derek Roy assisted on Craig Smith’s goal, Colin Wilson assisted on Filip Forsberg’s goal (Preds). [Yes, despite the loss, I am a happy Ashley right now.]
- The Leafs score should have been 5-0. Because of no video review during the pre-season, a botched call led to [this] goal not being counted.
- PK Subban is adorable and proud of baby brother Jordan.
- Jordan Staal left the Carolina-Buffalo game with what was later announced to be a broken leg.
- Alex Edler took a puck to the face and did not return to the game.
- #BantheStripper was a success. Except now people (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) are now actually stripping during the Chicago Blackhawks “Shoot the Puck” competitions.
- Tom Sestito says ‘screw what they want’ and amasses 12 minutes of penalties in the first period in Stockton.
- Logan Couture may be injured – did not play in third period in Vancouver but apparently is fine according to Murph’s report.
- Ryan Kesler has still not played a pre-season game for Anaheim. Reports yesterday were that it was not an injury but nothing new today.