Okay, if you haven’t been following the Twitter war between @CanucksArmy/@CamCharron & @blakeprice1040, I recommend you go look it up as I’m too lazy to copypasta the entire thing here, mostly because I lost the thread some time ago.
The general starting point is that Price made some sort of comment that the Canucks struggle to win games when they score two goals or less. (Correct me if I’m wrong on that, okay?)
But then tonight, Price said this:
First off, and this is just me being a brat… At this point last year the Canucks hadn’t won ANY games, because lockout. Now, this point last season, that may be different. So I started to investigate. And I came up with some interesting things. Or at least I thought they were interesting, so I thought I would share them with you.
In the 2012-2013 season:
- The Canucks had 10 wins where they scored 2 goals or less.
- 7 games did occur before the magical 32 game mark, Price is correct. But that means only 3 occurred after it.
- It was only a 48 game season, or roughly 67% of the season had past at that point. We are at approximately 40% of this season.
- Cory Schneider was goaltender for 6 games of those.
- Only 5 games were regulation wins, Schneider with 3, Luongo with 2.
Let’s go even further back to the 2011-2012 season!!
- The Canucks won just 6 games where they scored 2 goals or less.
- 5 of those wins in regulation, all with Luongo as goaltender.
- 2 of those games occurred before the magical 32 game mark.
Take from that what you will, but I’ve formed my opinion.